Installing and Uninstalling Gems
RubyMine gem manager helps download and install Ruby gems under the local Ruby installation.
In this section:
To install Ruby gems
- Open the gem manager dialog box.
- In the Install Gems dialog box, select the desired gems in the list. For each gem, you can select its version to be installed. If the version is not defined, RubyMine will automatically take the latest one.
- If the desired gems are not found, you can look in a different repository. To do that, click Manage gem repositories button, in the Edit Gem Repositories URLs dialog box specify the desired URL, and click . Back in the Gem Manager, click to make visible all the gems, located in the specified repositories.
- Specify whether you need to install dependent gems automatically. Be default, this option is selected.
- Click Install.
To uninstall gems, use command line procedure. So doing, the recommended command format depends on the Ruby gems version you use.
- If the Ruby gems version is 1.3.2 and higher, it is enough to specify the gem name:
gem uninstall <gem_name>.
- If the Ruby gems version is under 1.3.2, use the following command:
gem uninstall <gem_name> -i ~/.gem.