Networking in RubyMine
RubyMine requires Internet connection for a wide variety of tasks. For example:
- Checking for RubyMine updates.
- Code inspections that can verify external resources.
- Communication with the version control servers, task servers.
- Anonymous usage statistics.
- Working with remote interpreters
- Installing and updating Ruby gems.
Besides that RubyMine provides IPC for commands (for example, open files), and the built-in Web server.
Some of the communication requirements are configurable:
- Checking for updates can be turned off. To disable checking for updates, open the page Settings | Updates, and clear the check box Check for updates in channel.
- To disable code inspection that highlights dead links, open the page Settings | Inspections, and clear the check box to the left of the HTML inspection Non-existent web resources.
- You can control the frequency of sending usage statistics, or even completely disable this function in the page Settings | Usage statistics.
Last modified: 10 December 2015