In this section:
Rails framework should be downloaded and installed on your computer.
- RubyMine supports Rails framework versions from 1.2 to
- Rails 3.x requires Ruby 1.8.6 or higher.
- Rails 4 requires Ruby 1.9.x or higher.
Rails support in RubyMine includes:
- Dedicated project type, where the desired Rails version is defined.
- Special Rails view to represent the logical structure of a Rails application.
- Rails generators.
- Means of navigation between Rails components.
- Possibility to run Rake tasks.
- Possibility to define object-relational mappings.
- Analysis of the models and their relationships with Model Dependency diagram.
- Complete editing assistance (syntax and error highlighting, code completion for Rails application elements and Rake tasks)
- Rails-aware refactorings (Rename Refactorings, Extract Partial, etc.).
- Rails console, where you can execute Rails commands without leaving the IDE.
- Sprockets are supported.
- Creating Rails Application and Rails Mountable Engine Projects
- Creating Rails Application Elements
- Creating Controllers and Actions
- Creating Views from Actions
- Injecting Ruby Code in View
- Running Rails Scripts
- Generating Archives
- Running Rails Server
- Working with Models in Rails Applications
- RubyMine-Specific Navigation
- Working with Rails Mountable Engine Projects
- Running Rails Console
Last modified: 4 February 2015