In this section:
- rbenv is installed on your computer.
- Ruby interpreters are installed.
- RubyMine supports rbenv Ruby interpreters installed in the default rbenv folder ~/.rbenv only.
rbenvis incompatible with
rvm! Any references to
rvmshould be removed before using
RubyMine supports rbenv versions up to the latest.
rbenv is intended for *NIX and OS X.
At startup, RubyMine scans your ~/.rbenv folder , and automatically configures SDK's for each Ruby interpreter . The detected interpreters are shown in the Ruby SDK and Gems page of the Settings/Preferences dialog.
RubyMine also detects newly installed rbenv interpreters "on-the-fly". On reopening the Settings dialog, you will find updates in the Ruby SDK and Gems page.
Support for rbenv-gemset plugin
RubyMine supports rbenv-gemset plugin for *NIX and OS X.
- The gemsets are shown as the children of
rbenvSDK. When a gemset is selected, its gems are shown to the right,
rbenvSDK with gemsets is selected, then all the gems of this SDK and the gemsets are shown.
- RubyMine provides libraries for gems from the current gemset list (
rbenv-gemset') including the default 'global' gemset
- RubyMine invokes all commands with the environment of the specified gemsets and selected SDK (
$ RBENV_GEMSETS="gemset1 gemset2" RBENV_VERSION="1.9.3-p125" #command
- RubyMine provides code completion for the current SDK gemsets in the