Reporting Issues and Sharing Your Feedback
RubyMine provides various means to report problems and seek for assistance. In this section:
- Locating RubyMine log
- Configuring RubyMine log settings
- Reporting issues
- Sharing feedback
- Seeking assistance
Locating RubyMine log
On certain occasions, you will be required to attach the RubyMine log to an email to the support service. You can easily locate the log file as described below.
- On the main menu, choose (Windows and Linux), or (OS X). The Explorer/Finder opens, with the log file selected.
Configuring RubyMine log settings
To avoid editing the
log.xml file itself, RubyMine suggests a handy dialog box to change logging level for a category.
This file resides under the
bin directory of RubyMine installation.
- On the main menu, choose .
- In the dialog box that opens, type the log categories names, separated with new lines.
log.xml, keep in mind the following:
- It is not recommended to change
log.xml, because from time to time it causes problems with patches.
log.xmlshould be done in tight contact with the support service. The reason is that the users might be unaware of the modules names to be specified, while the support service can suggest modules for the better diagnostics.
- Open the RubyMine tracking system at https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/.
- Click Create issue.
- On the page that opens, choose RubyMine from the Project drop-down list.
- Describe your problem and provide a brief summary of it in the Description and Summary fields respectively.
- If necessary, attach a screenshot that illustrates your problem.
- Click Create issue when ready.
To share your feedback, do one of the following:
This form enables you to create a RubyMine-specific YouTrack issue.
, which redirects you to the online feedback form.
- Click the Comments link on each page of online version of the RubyMine documentation. In the Comments area, vote for the page, and leave your comments.
To find assistance, do one of the following:
- Apply to the JetBrains Support
Write to the support service. Use the following address:
If necessary, attach the source code and the RubyMine log.
- Ask the RubyMine Community .
- In the Comments area of the online RubyMine documentation, leave your comments or ask questions.