RubyMine integrates with RubyMotion and helps create applications for iOS.
Make sure that the following prerequisites are met:
- RubyMotion is downloaded and installed.
- Xcode is downloaded and installed.
- Ruby SDK version 1.9 is required.
- OS X version 10.7 or higher is used.
RubyMine's support for RubyMotion includes:
- Special project type.
- Code completion:
- RubyMotion console:
- Rake-based run/debug configurations that are created automatically when an application is generated.
- iPhone simulator
- ObjectiveC debugger options.
- Ability to debug applications directly on a device.
It is possible to run, debug and test OS X applications. RubyMine provides a run/debug configuration with the name "Run", which launches an application rather than the simulator.
Note that RubyMotion 2.0 does not officially support OS X 10.6. It means that OS X application will not run on Snow Leopard.