RubyMine supports developing and running TypeScript source code.
*.ts files, and allows you to edit them providing full range of coding assistance without any additional steps from your side.
TypeScript files are marked with the icon.
In this section:
- TypeScript Support
- Running TypeScript
- Debugging TypeScript
Preparing for TypeScript development
Make sure the Node.js plugin is installed and enabled.
The plugin is not bundled with RubyMine, but it is available from the RubyMine plugin repository. Once enabled, the plugin is available at the IDE level, that is, you can use it in all your RubyMine projects. See Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins for details.
- Download and install the Node.js framework.
Configure the Node.js interpreter in RubyMine:
- Choose Settings dialog box that opens, click Node.js and NPM under Languages&Frameworks. and in the
- On the Node.js page that opens, specify the location of the desired Node.js interpreter.
TypeScript support includes:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Numerous code inspections and quick-fixes.
- Common refactoring procedures, such as extract method , inline, rename/move, etc.
- Code generation
Navigation and search through the source code:
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class.