Uploading and Downloading Files
There are the following main ways to synchronize project files with their copies on the local or remote server:
- Manually, through a menu command.
Automatically, every time a file is updated.
In this case, the default server configuration is used.
You can additionally configure this upload method to have only manually saved files uploaded.
- Automatically after the changes to the files are checked in to your version control repository.
In this section:
- Uploading files and folders manually
- Uploading changed files automatically
- Uploading checked in files immediately after commit
- Suppressing automatic upload
- Downloading files
To upload files or folders manually
- Choose Tools | Deployment on the main menu.
Do one of the following:
- To run the upload according to the default configuration, choose Upload to <default server configuration>.
- To run the upload according to a specific configuration, choose Upload to. Then from the pop-up menu, select the server configuration that defines access to the required server.
To have RubyMine upload changed files automatically
RubyMine considers a local file changed as soon as it is saved either automatically or manually. RubyMine performs automatic save on a regular scheduled basis. Manual save is invoked by choosing File | Save All on the main menu or pressing Ctrl+S.
- Open the Options dialog box by doing one of the following:
In the Upload changed files automatically to the default server drop-down list, specify when you want RubyMine to upload changed files:
- To have RubyMine upload any saved file no matter whether the save was invoked manually or automatically, choose Always.
- To have RubyMine upload only files that were saved manually, choose On explicit save action.
To have RubyMine upload newly checked in files immediately after commit
- Start checking in your changes.
- In the After Commit area, choose the target server from the Upload file to drop-down list. Choose one of the existing server access configurations or create a new one: click the Browse button and configure access to the relevant server in the Deployment dialog box that opens.
- To have RubyMine automatically upload checked in files to the chosen server, select the Always use selected server check box.
To suppress automatic upload
To download files
- Choose Tools | Deployment | Download from <default server configuration> on the main menu.
This functionality is available only if you have previously appointed a configuration as default.