In this section:
- Configuring Remote Ruby Interpreters
- Configuring Remote Interpreters via SSH
- Configuring Remote Interpreters via Deployment Configuration
- Configuring Remote Interpreters via Virtual Boxes
- Working with Reproducible Development Environments Using Vagrant
Configuring remote ruby interpreter
RubyMine provides full integration with the Ruby interpreters running on remote hosts.
Note that the name of a remote interpreter is automatically prepended with the prefix Remote.
Important note for the users of the supported version managers
- rbenv: when configuring a remote interpreter, you have to specify ruby executable located under the directory versions, rather than shims.
- 7.0+RVM Support: When adding an rvm-based remote interpreter, it is important to specify the gem set:
Note that the name of an rvm-based SDK is automatically prepended with the prefix RVM.
Find the detailed tutorial on configuring a remote SDK here.