Gem Application projects are intended for developing, building and pushing Ruby gems to github.
- On the main menu, choose New Project in the Welcome screen. Create New Project dialog box opens. , or click
- In the Create New Project dialog box, specify the project name and location. In the Project type drop-down list, select Gem application.
- Click OK.
- In the Gem Application Settings dialog box that opens, do the
- Select Ruby interpreter, or accept the suggested one.
- Observe the suggested Bundler version.
- Select the check boxes Create bin folder and Create test folder, if required. If these check boxes are selected, then RubyMine will create the corresponding directories, besides the directory lib.