After RubyMine restart, or after reloading Rake tasks, the *.rake files become available in the Run Rake Task pop-up.
- Right-click the target directory lib/tasks where you want the new Rake script to be added, and choose on the context menu.
- In the New File dialog box, specify the Rake task name, followed by the .rake extension, and click OK.
- In the editor, create the desired contents, using the powerful RubyMine coding assistance:
After RubyMine restart, or after reloading Rake tasks, the new *.rake files will be included in the list of available Rake tasks.
- If a Rake task has a description, it is included in the list of available tasks by default.
- If a Rake task description is missing, you can still see it in the list of Rake tasks, if the you select the check box Include undocumented in the Run Rake Task pop-up.