Cucumber becomes available in RubyMine, provided that the following prerequisites are met:
- cucumber gem (for Ruby projects), or cucumber and cucumber-rails (for Rails applications) is installed and activated.
RubyMine supports Cucumber both in plain Ruby projects, and in Rails applications.
Cucumber feature files are marked with icon.
Cucumber support includes:
- Syntax and error highlighting.
- Quick fix to create step definitions.
- Navigation between step definitions and steps.
- Possibility to describe steps in English or any other language specified in the # language: comment.
- Run/debug configuration.
- Possibility to run all features in a directory, a feature, or a single step within a feature.