RubyMine provides different search options depending whether you are searching for usages of a class, method, field, parameter, or throw statements, and extends search for usages to the files in supported languages. For example, in CSS, XML and HTML files you can search for the usages of styles, classes, tags and attributes.
Search for usages extends to the Cucumber step definitions as well.
Explore search results in the Find tool window.
- Select a symbol to find usages for. To do that, place the caret within the desired symbol in the editor, or click the symbol in the Project tool window. You can also select symbol in the Model Dependency diagram.
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose
- Choose on the context menu
- Press Alt+F7Shift+Alt+7Shift+Alt+7Alt+F7Alt+F7 or Shift+Alt+SShift+Alt+F7Alt+F7Ctrl+GAlt+F7Alt F7Alt F7Shift Command GAlt F7.
- In the Find tool window, explore search results. Use the
button to represent search results in meaningful groups by
type of usage.
Click thumbnail to view larger image.
You can still show the search options dialog box. Do one of the following:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F7Ctrl+Shift+Alt+7Ctrl+Shift+Alt+7Ctrl+Shift+Alt+7Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F7Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F7Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F7Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F7Shift+Alt+Meta+F7Shift Alt Command F7Shift Alt Command F7Shift Alt Command F7Shift Alt Command F7.
- In the Find tool window, click