If you are going to modify or delete a file under Perforce version control, the read-only status of such file should be removed. RubyMine takes care of automatically making files writable. However, you can change read-only status manually, which may happen in a number of ways; for example:
- With the Clear Read-Only Status dialog enabled, you make a file writable using file system.
- When a read-only file is opened in the editor, you double-click lock icon in the status bar.
- You remove read-only attribute externally, using file properties.
In these cases, the file gets status Modified without checkout and appears in the Local tab of the Changes tool window.
- In the Local tab of the Changes tool window, expand Modified without Checkout node, and select the desired file.
- On the context menu of the file, choose Check Out. The file becomes writable, and moves to the active changelist.