RubyMine menus and toolbars let you carry out various commands. The main menu and toolbar contain commands that affect the entire project or large portions of it. Additionally, context-sensitive pop-up menus let you perform the commands, which are specific to a part of a project, like source file, class, etc. Almost each of the commands has an associated keyboard shortcut to enable quicker access to it.
Click thumbnail to view larger image.
- 1. Main menu
- The main menu contains commands for opening, creating projects, refactoring the code, running and debugging applications, keeping files under version control and more.
- 2. Main toolbar
- The main toolbar contains buttons that duplicate the essential commands for quicker access. You can hide the main toolbar, using the checked command on the toolbar context menu.
- 3. Pop-up menus
- These menus contain commands specific for a certain project item.
- 4. Context menus
- These menus contain commands applicable to the current context.
- Show or hide the main elements of the RubyMine UI using the menu.
- Descriptions of the actions from all the menus and toolbar buttons are displayed in the left side of the Status bar.
- If you know which action you want to perform, but do not know where to find the appropriate command, just press Ctrl+Shift+ACtrl+Shift+ACtrl+Shift+ACtrl+Shift+ACtrl+Shift+ACtrl+Shift+ACtrl+ICtrl+Shift+AShift+Meta+AShift Command AShift Command ACommand 3Shift Command A and select the desired action from the suggestion list.