RubyMine provides an easy way to navigate up and down through the hierarchy of methods. If a method is overridden by a certain method, or overrides some method itself, it is marked with an icon in the gutter area of the editor. When the mouse cursor hovers over such icon, the method information is displayed as the tooltip:
- : This method overrides a method defined by its superclass.
- : This method is overridden by one or more subclasses.
- : This method or field is implemented / overridden by one or more subclasses.
Use these icons, shortcuts, or menu commands to navigate to the corresponding points of origin.
- Click the gutter icon and select the desired ascendant or descendant class from the list.
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press Ctrl+UCtrl+UCtrl+UCtrl+UCtrl+UCtrl+UCtrl+Shift+PCtrl+U⌘+U⌘ U⌘ U⌘ U⌘ U .