The editor of RubyMine provides two types of bookmarks:
- Anonymous bookmarks, indicated by check signs in the left gutter. The number of anonymous bookmarks is unlimited.
- Bookmarks with mnemonics indicated by or icons in the left gutter. There can be only 10 numbered and 26 lettered bookmarks within a project.
All bookmarks are indicated with the black streaks in the marker bar:
Once created, the bookmarks enable you to easily jump to the desired location within a file, or across the entire project.
- On the main menu, choose Bookmarks dialog. . The order of visiting bookmarks depends on their order in the collection of bookmarks in the
- Click the black streak in the marker bar.
- Use Ctrl+Number where the <number> corresponds to the desired bookmark.
- On the main menu, choose Shift+F11Shift+F11Shift+F11Shift+F11Shift+F11Alt+F2Ctrl+Shift+MShift+F11Alt+Meta+BCommand F3Shift F11Command F3Shift Command F6.
In the Bookmarks dialog, select the target bookmark, and press EnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnter.
For your convenience, the target code preview is shown in the right pane of the dialog box.
, or press
5.4+In the Favorites tool window, select the desired bookmark in the Bookmarks list, and then double-click the bookmark entry, or press F4F4F4F4F4F4F4F12 or Ctrl+Shift+EF4Command Down or F4F4F3F4. The corresponding file opens in the editor, with the caret at the beginning of the bookmarked line.