Sooner or later, some of the imported classes become redundant to the code.
Typically, you have to stop what you are doing, scroll to the head of the file, find the unused imports, and remove them. It is rather easy to forget to remove imports when you remove usages.
RubyMine provides the Optimize Imports feature, which enables you, whenever it is convenient, to remove unused imports from your current file, or from all files in the current directory at once.
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press Ctrl+Alt+OCtrl+Alt+OCtrl+Alt+OCtrl+Alt+OCtrl+Alt+OCtrl+Alt+OCtrl+Shift+ICtrl+Alt+O or Ctrl+Shift+OAlt+Meta+OControl Alt OAlt Command OShift Command OControl Shift Alt O.
- In the Optimize Imports dialog box, specify where you want RubyMine to remove unused import statements from.
- To have unused imports removed from the current file, select the File option.
- To have unused imports removed from all files in the current directory, select the All files in directory... option.
- Click Run.