Phusion Passenger can be selected as a Rails server in a Rails run/debug configuration.
- The corresponding gem should be installed. If the gem is missing, RubyMine suggests to install it.
Notes and limitations
- Phusion Passenger support is available for OS X and Linux systems.
- RubyMine creates an initializer file config/initializers/rubymine-passenger-debug.rb.
- Phusion Passanger initializer is used only for Phusion Passanger debugger; execution of Rails applications is not affected.
- Use Phusion Passenger with only those settings that are specified in the console.
- The Phusion Passenger prespawn script should load the dynamic content generated by Rails, but not a static page.