RubyMine makes it possible to quickly install and attach the required gem, provided that you know its name.
- On the main menu, choose .
- In the Install Gem dialog box, start typing the name of the gem you want to install. As you type, the suggestion list shrinks to show the matching entries only.
- In the Install Gem dialog box, select the desired gem name:
- In the Install <gem name> dialog box, select the gem version, and specify the following options:
- Automatically add dependent gems: if this check box is selected, RubyMine will automatically download and install all the required dependencies.
- Generate RDoc and ri documentation: if this check box is selected, the gem will be downloaded and installed together with its RDoc and ri documentation.
- Click Install.