If you are used to working in the Rails console, you can do it without leaving RubyMine. The console provides syntax highlighting, and commands history. Once started, the Rails console opens in a separate tab in the Run tool window. Note that you can launch as many Rails consoles as required.
- On the main menu, choose .
- In the Select Rails Environment dialog box, select the desired environment from the drop-down list, and click OK.
- RubyMine provides a dedicated run/debug configuration for consoles. When a console is launched, it is done via the corresponding temporary run/debug configuration. You can save such configuration as permanent for further use.
- For the techniques of working with the console, refer to the section Using Consoles.
- 5.0+Console can be launched on a remote SDK. Refer to the section Configuring Remote Ruby Interpreters.