Continuous Deployment with TeamCity
In modern software development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment are integral parts of the process. Originally developed as a Continuous Integration server, TeamCity has encompassed all the features you’d expect from a mature Continuous Deployment platform:
- TeamCity easily handles multiple deployment environments with access to deployments history for each one, offering manual or automatic triggering of deployment tasks.
- Whether deployment process finishes successfully or fails, TeamCity has powerful notifications to inform the relevant parties on a need-to-know basis.
- TeamCity comes with built-in, easy-to-use storage of artifacts produced at previous stages.
- TeamCity build chains make possible deployment pipelines, where the code submitted to a version control system is automatically tested, built into an application and deployed.
- TeamCity offers per-project permissions, sub-projects and user groups so you can effectively manage authorization for deployment to production.
- TeamCity prompt or password parameters can help prevent erroneous triggering of critical deployment tasks such as database cleanup.
As you can see, all the deployment processes can be easily modelled in TeamCity. Give TeamCity a try, or start using your existing build server for deploying your code!