Creating and Managing TFS Workspaces
Interaction between your TFS server and the local projects is configured through workspaces. A workspace mainly maps the folders in the repository with their copies on your machine.
In WebStorm, you can configure access to several TFS servers and have as many workspaces under them as you need. The list of available TFS server access configurations and workspaces is handled through the Manage TFS Servers and Workspaces dialog box.
In this part:
- Opening the Manage TFS Servers and Workspaces dialog box
- Configuring access to a TFS server
- Creating a workspace
To open the Manage TFS Servers and Workspaces dialog box
To configure access to a TFS server
- Open the Manage TFS Servers and Workspaces dialog box with the list of all available servers and workspaces in them.
- Click the Add button in the Team Servers area.
- In the Add Team Foundation Server dialog box, that opens, specify the URL address of the target server and your credential to access it.
- Click OK. WebStorm returns to the Manage TFS Servers and Workspaces dialog box, where the new server is added to the list.
To discard a server access configuration, select the server in the list and click the Remove button in the Team Servers area.
To create a server workspace
A workspace is identified by its name and the name of its owner, contains the name of your machine, the URL address of the server the workspace belongs to, and a set of mappings between remote and local working folders that are accessible through the workspace.
- Open the Manage TFS Servers and Workspaces dialog box, and select the server in question. To refresh the list of the available server workspaces, click the Reload workspaces button.
- Click the Create button in the Workspaces area.
- In the Create Workspace dialog box, that opens, specify the workspace name. Optionally, provide a brief description of the workspace in the Comment text box.
In the Working folders area, define the mappings.
- Click the Add button . A new line is added to the list of mappings.
- In the Server path text box, specify the folder on the server you need to work with.
- In the Local path text box, specify the local folder to store the downloaded data in.
Specify the status of the mapping in the Status drop-down list.
- To enable retrieving data from the server according to the mapping, choose Active.
- To prevent downloading data from the server according to the mapping, choose Cloaked.
- To discard a mapping, select it in the list and click the Remove button .