Folding Custom Regions with Line Comments
With WebStorm, you can surround a fragment of source code with line comments. So doing, WebStorm supports two styles:
- VisualStudio style
#region Description Your code goes here... #endregion
- NetBeans style
// <editor-fold desc="Description"> Your code goes here... // </editor-fold>
The folding markers of a region are stored with the source code and can be shared across the team.
To surround a custom region with folding markers
- Select a fragment of source code.
- On the main menu, choose , or press Ctrl+Alt+T.
- Select the desired folding comments from the list:
WebStorm surrounds the code fragment with comments observing the syntax of the current language.
- If necessary, change description of the code fragment to be folded:
You can now collapse or expand the code.
When collapsed, the code is concealed behind the description, and you can view it by hovering your mouse pointer over the description:
Once custom regions are defined, WebStorm provides navigation between them.
To navigate between custom regions
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Period.
- In the dialog box that opens, select the target custom region, and click OK:
The caret rests at the comment line opening the region in question.