With WebStorm, you can connect your check-in comments with the bug tracker or any issues data base and navigate from committed changes to the issues related to these changes.
To enable this navigation, you need to specify a so called issue navigation pattern, which means:
- Figure out an issue ID pattern, that is, a format according to which you will reference issues in commit messages, and define this issue pattern using a regular expression.
- Define the link to the referenced issue by combining the URL address of your tracking system and a regular expression to identify the issue ID.
On this page:
- Enabling navigation from commit messages to issues related to them
- Navigating from a commit message to the related issues
|Issue ID pattern||
The regular expression that defines the format in which issues are referenced in commit messages.
This regular expressions matches all character strings that consist of two substrings separated by an n-dash character:
|Issue link pattern||
A combination of the URL address of your issue tracking system and a regular expression that identifies issues in it.
|Matching issue ID||
WebStorm detects the following reference to an issue in the commit message of interest:
|Composed issue link||
In accordance with the above issue navigation pattern, the detected matching reference is added to the URL of the tracker as is, so the link to the referenced issue is composed as follows:
To enable navigating from commit messages to issues related to them
- Open the Settings dialog box, and click Issue Navigation under the Version Control node.
In the Issue Navigation dialog box that opens, configure a list of issue navigation patterns by setting correspondence
between issue patterns in commit messages and URL addresses of referenced issues.
If you are using JIRA
or our bug tracking system YouTrack,
click the Add JIRA pattern or Add YouTrack Pattern respectively,
and type the URL to the installation of bug tracking system in question.
WebStorm adds the regular expression that defines such pattern automatically.
For other issue tracking systems, click the Add button to create a new entry
or select an existing entry and click the Edit button.
In the Add Issue Navigation Link dialog box that opens, specify the following:
- The regular expression that defines the issue pattern in a commit message.
- The replacement expression that defines the URL to access the corresponding referenced issue.
- To remove an issue navigation pattern, select it in the list and click Remove .
- If you are using JIRA or our bug tracking system YouTrack, click the Add JIRA pattern or Add YouTrack Pattern respectively, and type the URL to the installation of bug tracking system in question.
To navigate from a commit message to the related issues
Open one of the following views:
- Local, Incoming, or Log tab of the Changes tool window.
- History tab of the Version Control tool window.
- Changes Browser.
- Find the commit of interest and click the hyperlink to the related issue.