WebStorm supports processing of multiple Git branches using sophisticated checkout and merge strategies and provides interface for configuring operations on branches.
For dealing with branches, use Branches node and the nested commands. This node is available on:
- Main VCS menu
- Context menu of the editor
- VCS operations pop-up.
In this part:
- Accessing Git Branches Popup Menu
- Creating a New Branch
- Merging, Deleting, and Comparing Branches
- Rebasing Branches
- Checking Out (Switching Between Branches)
- Resetting Branch Head to a Selected Commit
- Resetting Head Commit
- Applying Changes from a Specific Commit to Other Branches (Cherry Picking)
- Git Branches in Multirooted Projects