On this page:
Move Refactorings: Basics
The Move refactorings allow you to move files and directories within a project. So doing, WebStorm automatically corrects all references to the moved symbols in the source code.
The following Move refactorings are available:
- The Move File refactoring moves a file to another directory.
- The Move Directory refactoring moves a directory to another directory.
- The Move Static Member refactoring moves a static method, variable, or constant from one class to another,
Moving a file or directory to another directory
- Select the file or directory in the Project tool window.
Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose Refactor , and then choose Move .
- On the context menu of the selection, choose Refactor , and then choose Move .
- Press F6.
The dialog that opens depends on the type of the selected symbol.
- In the To directory field, specify the folder to move the selected file or folder to. Choose an existing folder from the drop-down list or type the full path to the parent folder to be created.
- To have the references to the selected file or folder updated according to the refactoring result, select the Search for references check box.