Opening and Creating Tasks
In this section:
WebStorm distinguishes among tracker tasks and local tasks.
A tracker task is an issue in your tracker system until it is opened in WebStorm whereupon it becomes a local task.
In addition to this, any activity in WebStorm can be configured as a local task. This action is referred to as task creation.
Opening tracker tasks and creating local tasks
When you open a tracker task (an issue in your tracking system) for the first time, a corresponding local task is created.
To open tracker tasks and create local tasks, follow these steps
Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose .
- Press Shift+Alt+N
- Click the tasks combo on the main toolbar.
To have the possibility to open already closed tasks, select the Include closed tasks check box.
A closed task is one of the following:
- A tracker task with the status closed in the issue tracker.
- A local task that is not associated with a changelist provided that the entire project or the affected directory is under version control (see Associating a Project Root with a Version Control System and Associating a Directory with a Specific Version Control System).
- In the Enter task name pop-up window, choose Create New Task, or just
type the task name.
- If you choose Create new task <description>, a new local task with the specified description will be created. In this case, the IDE will switch to this new task.
- If you select a task from an issue tracker, then the Open Task dialog box opens.
In this dialog, you can specify whether you want WebStorm to clear the current context, create a changelist for the new task, change the issue status in the tracking system. Refer to the dialog description for details.
Tips and tricks
- To show task description right in the suggestion list, press Ctrl+Q.
- To configure access to your issue tracking system, click , and specify your account settings in the Servers dialog box that opens.
- To include closed tasks in the suggestion list, press Shift+Alt+N once more, or select the corresponding check box.