Reporting Issues and Sharing Your Feedback
WebStorm provides various means to report problems and seek for assistance. In this section:
Locating WebStorm log
On certain occasions, you will be required to attach the WebStorm log to an email to the support service. You can easily locate the log file as described below.
- On the main menu, choose Help | Show Log in ... .
Configuring WebStorm log settings
To avoid editing the
log.xml file itself, WebStorm suggests a handy dialog box to change logging level for a category.
This file resides under the
bin directory of WebStorm installation.
- On the main menu, choose Help | Configure Debug Log Settings .
- In the dialog box that opens, type the log categories names, separated with new lines.
log.xml, keep in mind the following:
- It is not recommended to change
log.xml, because from time to time it causes problems with patches.
log.xmlshould be done in tight contact with the support service. The reason is that the users might be unaware of the modules names to be specified, while the support service can suggest modules for the better diagnostics.
To share your feedback, do one of the following:
- Choose Help | Submit Feedback , which redirects you to the online feedback form.
- Use the Feedback page.
- Click the Comments link on each page of online version of the WebStorm documentation. In the Comments area, vote for the page, and leave your comments.
To find assistance, do one of the following:
- Apply to the JetBrains Support
Write to the support service. Use the following addresses:
If necessary, attach the source code and the WebStorm log.
- Ask the PhpStorm/WebStorm Community .
- Click the Comments link available on each page of online version of the WebStorm documentation. In the Comments area, leave your comments or ask questions.