WebStorm supports developing and running TypeScript source code.
*.ts files, and allows you to edit them providing full range of coding assistance without any additional steps from your side.
TypeScript files are marked with the icon.
In this section:
- TypeScript Support
- Running TypeScript
- Debugging TypeScript
- Testing TypeScript
Preparing for TypeScript development
- Download and install the Node.js framework.
Configure the Node.js interpreter in WebStorm:
- Choose Settings dialog box that opens, click Node.js and NPM under Languages&Frameworks. and in the
- On the Node.js page that opens, specify the location of the desired Node.js interpreter.
TypeScript support includes:
- Code completion for keywords, labels, variables, parameters and functions.
- Error and syntax highlighting.
- Code formatting and folding.
- Numerous code inspections and quick-fixes.
- Common refactoring procedures, such as extract method , inline, rename/move, etc.
- Code generation
Navigation and search through the source code:
- Navigating with Structure View.
- (Ctrl+Alt+B) from overridden method / subclassed class.