Uploading and Downloading Files
There are the following main ways to synchronize project files with their copies on the local or remote server:
- Manually, through a menu command.
Automatically, every time a file is updated.
In this case, the default server configuration is used.
You can additionally configure this upload method to have only manually saved files uploaded.
- Automatically after the changes to the files are checked in to your version control repository.
In this section:
To upload files or folders manually
- Choose Tools | Deployment on the main menu.
Do one of the following:
- To run the upload according to the default configuration, choose Upload to <default server configuration>.
- To run the upload according to a specific configuration, choose Upload to. Then from the pop-up menu, select the server configuration that defines access to the required server.
To have WebStorm upload changed files automatically
- Open the Options dialog box by doing one of the following:
In the Upload changed files automatically to the default server drop-down list, specify when you want WebStorm to upload changed files:
- To have WebStorm upload any saved file no matter whether the save was invoked manually or automatically, choose Always.
- To have WebStorm upload only files that were saved manually, choose On explicit save action.
To have WebStorm upload newly checked in files immediately after commit
- Start checking in your changes.
- In the After Commit area, choose the target server from the Upload file to drop-down list. Choose one of the existing server access configurations or create a new one: click the Browse button and configure access to the relevant server in the Deployment dialog box that opens.
- To have WebStorm automatically upload checked in files to the chosen server, select the Always use selected server check box.
To suppress automatic upload
Open the Options dialog box by doing one of the following:
- Open the project settings and click Options below the node.
- Choose Tools | Deployment | Options on the main menu.
- From the Upload changed files automatically to the default server drop-down list, choose Never.
To download files
- Choose Tools | Deployment | Download from <default server configuration> on the main menu.