Using Help Topics
On this page:
The structure of the online WebStorm documentation is outlined below:
Getting Started with WebStorm
- The parts Guided Tour around the WebStorm User Interface and Tool Windows contain essential information about the user interface.
- The part Guided tour around the WebStorm editor helps you master the WebStorm editor, and describes the basic and advanced editing procedures.
- Besides that, you can find information on WebStorm registration, most essential keyboard shortcuts, navigation facilities, and more.
This part contains information about the notions that underlie the WebStorm functionality.
WebStorm Usage Guidelines
The part provides descriptions of the actions required to fulfil certain common tasks with WebStorm. Note that the part page contains an alphabetical index of all the available task descriptions.
Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines
This psrt provides important prerequisites, enabling procedures, meta procedures of working with the various frameworks, and gives some details for performing specific tasks.
In this part, you can find descriptions of the tool windows, dialog controls, lists of the keyboard shortcuts, information related to specific version control systems, etc.
Online Documentation Layout
The online help enables you to find pieces of information, using the Search pane, browse the documentation with the table of contents, rate topics, ask question and express your opinion. The layout of the online help consists of two panes:
- Contents Pane shows the table of contents. Use the pane too browse through the topics and to search information using the Search field on top of the pane.
- Topic Pane shows the topic that is currently selected in the table of contents.
Finding a piece of information in the online help
- Switch to the Contents pane.
- In the Search field, type your query.
- Press Enter.
- Click the desired entry in the search results pane. The corresponding page will open in the Topic pane, and will be highlighted in the Contents pane.