Using Help Topics
WebStorm documentation gas the following structure:
- Getting Started
- The parts Guided Tour around the WebStorm User Interface and Tool Windows contain essential information about the user interface.
- The part WebStorm Editor. Guided Tour helps you master the WebStorm editor, and describes the basic and advanced editing procedures.
- Besides that, you can find information on WebStorm registration, most essential keyboard shortcuts, navigation facilities, and more.
- Basic concepts
- The Basic concepts part contains information about the notions that underlie the WebStorm functionality.
- Product Usage Guidelines
- The WebStorm Usage Guidelines part provides descriptions of the actions required to fulfil certain common tasks with WebStorm. Note that the part page contains an alphabetical index of all the available task descriptions.
- Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines
- The Language and Framework-Specific Guidelines part provides important prerequisites, enabling procedures, meta procedures of working with the various frameworks, and gives some details for performing specific tasks.
- In the Reference part you can find descriptions of the tool windows, dialog controls, lists of the keyboard shortcuts, information related to specific version control systems etc.
On the WebStorm site, find online documentation:
The online help makes it possible to find entries in the table of contents, browse documentation with the table of contents, rate topics, ask question and express your opinion. The layout of online documentation consists of:
- Table of contents pane
This pane shows the table of contents.
- Use this pane to browse through the topics.
- Click button to show or hide this pane.
- If for some reason your browser fails to show actual table of contents, refresh the page.
- Topics pane
This pane shows the topic that is currently selected in the table of contents.
- In the Keymap drop-down list, choose the platform you want to view keyboard shortcuts in (Windows/Linux, OS X etc.)
Finding a piece of information in the table of contents
- Switch to the Table of contents pane.
- In the Search WebStorm help field, type your query.
- Press Enter.
The table contents shrinks to show the search results. Click the desired entry to show the corresponding page in the Topic pane.