Using JADE Template Engine
WebStorm supports integration with the JADE template engine.
On this page:
- Enable Node.js support as described in Node.Js.
- Make sure the NodeJS and Jade plugins are enabled. The plugins are bundled with WebStorm and activated by default. If not, enable them on the Plugins page of the Settings dialog box as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
- Make sure the JADE plugin is enabled. The plugin is bundled with WebStorm and activated by default. If not, enable it on the Plugins page of the Settings dialog box as described in Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
Changes to the UI
The JADE plugin introduces the following changes to the WebStorm UI:
- The Jade file item is added to the menu.
- Coding assistance is provided in the JADE-specific and HTML context:
To use JADE templates in a NodeJS application, do one of the following:
- Create a project from scratch or around existing sources, and then create JADE files as necessary.
- Create a NodeExpress project.
In the runtime, the JADE files fill be transformed into HTML pages.
To create a JADE file
In the Project tool window, select the directory in which you want to create a new file.
Choose or press Alt+Insert.
Alternatively, right-click the corresponding directory and choose New from the context menu.
- Choose Jade file.