- Open Project Settings dialog and select File Encodings.
- The File/Directory column shows the tree view of your project.
The Default Encoding column shows encoding for directories or files.
Click the Default encoding column for a directory or file you want to define
encoding for, and then choose the desired encoding from the drop-down list:
- Open the desired file in the editor.
- Change explicit encoding information. Use error highlighting to recognize wrong encoding
and press Ctrl+SpaceCtrl+SpaceCtrl+SpaceCtrl+SpaceAlt+SlashCtrl+SpaceCtrl+Space or Ctrl+Back SlashCtrl+SpaceControl SpaceControl SpaceControl Space to have a list of available encodings displayed:
- Open the desired file for editing.
- Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, point to .
- Click file encoding on the Status bar.
- Select the desired encoding from the pop-up window.
- If the selected encoding will change the file contents, WebStorm shows a dialog box, where you can choose to file from disk, or it to a different encoding.