- Open Settings dialog and click Keymap.
- Select one of the pre-configured Keymaps, which you want to use as the base for the new one, and click Copy. Accept the default name, or change it as required.
- In the content pane of actions, select the desired action.
- Configure keyboard shortcuts. To do that, follow these steps:
- Click on the toolbar, or right-click the selected action, and choose Add Keyboard Shortcut. Enter Keyboard Shortcut dialog box opens.
- Press the keys to be used as shortcuts. The keystrokes are immediately reflected in the
First Stroke field. Optionally, select the check box next to Second Stroke
and press keys to be used as alternative keyboard shortcuts.
As you press the keys, Preview field displays the suggested combination of keystrokes, and the Conflicts field displays warnings, if some of the keystrokes are already assigned to the other actions.
- Click OK with the mouse pointer to create a shortcut and bind it with an action.
It is important to use the mouse pointer, because any keystroke is interpreted as a shortcut.
- Configure mouse shortcuts. To do that, follow these steps:
- Click on the toolbar, or right-click the selected action, and choose Add Mouse Shortcut on the context menu, if you need to bind an action to a mouse click. Enter Mouse Shortcut dialog box opens.
- In the Click Count section, click a radio button to choose a Single Click or Double Click.
- Hover your mouse pointer over the section Click Pad and click the desired mouse button. Use Alt, Ctrl and Shift modifiers for diversity. As you click, the Shortcut Preview field displays the suggested shortcut, and the Conflicts field displays warnings, if some of the shortcuts are already assigned to the other actions.
- Click OK or Press EnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnterEnter to create a shortcut and bind it with an action.
Searching for actions
Use the Keymap page to search for certain actions by name, of by shortcut.
To find an action by name, type this name in the search field . As you type, the content pane shows actions with the matching names.
To find an action by shortcut, click . In the Filter Settings dialog box, start pressing keys. The content pane shows only the actions with the matching shortcuts.
Click your mouse somewhere outside the Filter Settings dialog box to close it. Avoid using keys, since any keystroke is interpreted as a shortcut.