WebStorm suggests two ways of creating patches:
- On the base of the revisions, either local or committed to the repository, or
- On the base of revisions stored in the local history.
- In the Local tab or Repository tab of the Changes tool window, select a change or changelist you want to create a patch for. Alternatively, click on the toolbar of the Repository tab.
- On the main Version Control menu or on the context menu of the
selection, choose Create patch.
- In the Create Patch dialog box that opens, review the list of changed files, and make sure that the files to be
included in the patch are selected.
You can specify the desired changelist immediately in the Create Patch dialog box: click Changelist combo box in the upper right corner, and select the desired changelist.
Add a commit comment. As you type, WebStorm checks the spelling and highlights words in question.
This functionality is available if the Spelling code inspection is enabled.
- Click Create patch.
You can also create patch on the base of your local history. To do that, open the local history view for the desired directory, file or code fragment, as described in the section Using Local History, right-click the desired revision, and choose the Create Patch command on the context menu, or click the create patch button on the lower toolbar.