As soon as version control support is enabled in WebStorm, you can retrieve the data from the repository. Depending on your purpose and workflow, choose one of the following approaches:
- Check out the repository sources to a content root of an existing project. Then set up version control in the project, if it has not been done before, and put the downloaded sources under control of the VCS used.
Check out the repository sources to a location of your choice and have WebStorm create a project around them.
This does not require any extra steps from your side. WebStorm arranges the downloaded sources in a project itself and suggests to open it as soon as the check-out is completed.
Upon your consent, WebStorm opens the newly created project, where you only need to set up version control.
This approach is not available for Perforce integration.
- Retrieving Files from a CVS Repository
- Retrieving Files from an SVN Repository
- Cloning a Remote Git Repository
- Cloning a Remote Mercurial Repository