- Open the IDE settings, then click Passwords.
- On the Passwords page that opens, specify how you want WebStorm to process passwords for Git remote repositories.
Do one fo the following:
- If you do not need WebStorm to save passwords at all, select the Do not remember passwords option.
- To have passwords stored in the memory during a session, select the Remember passwords until closing of the application option.
- To have passwords stored in a passwords database, select the Remember on disk (protected with master password) option and specify the master password for the storage.
- Open the Reset Master Password dialog box. Do one of the following:
- In the New Password text box, type the master password to replace the current one with.
- In the Confirm Password text box, type the new master password once again to confirm your setting.