WebStorm leverages support for HTML/XHTML, XML and CSS, making up the best tool kit for editing Web pages.
- Support for CSS is implemented as a plugin that comes bundled with WebStorm. If you do not use WebStorm as a Web development tool kit, you can turn it off.
- HTML/XHTML, XML and CSS code completion: tags (including auto-insertion of closing tags), attributes, styles, and even file references in hyperlinks.
- Find/highlight usages of tags, IDs, files, images, styles, etc.
- HTML/XHTML code formatting.
- Matching tag highlighting, which lets highlight tag pairs and quickly navigate between them.
HTML, XML and CSS code inspections:
- Wrong or missing closing tag.
- Missing, duplicate or incorrect attributes.
- Wrong references to files in hyperlinks, and more.
- HTML/XHTML, XML and CSS-aware:
- Quick view of code documentation.
- Smart Structure tool window, aware of the tags and their hierarchy.
- Miscellaneous helpful features, available for both HTML/XHTML,
XML and CSS code:
- Navigate to declaration for tags, images and references.
- Show applied styles for tag opens a tree view of all styles that are applied to it via the document stylesheet.
- Open in browser quickly opens the current file in the specified Web browser.
- Auto-comment quickly toggles comments for arbitrary blocks of code.
- Navigate to declaration performs advanced navigation to the underlying code of a selector or ID.
- Show Content is a Goto declaration complimentary that only shows the code in a pop-up window, without letting you modify it.
- Breadcrumb navigation tabs is a toolbar that dynamically shows the current file hierarchy and provides one-click navigation, and can be disabled if necessary.
- Support for Zen Coding templates.
WebStorm parses Web contents files according to the following specifications:
- HTML: specification HTML5.
- CSS: specification CSS3. The most common selectors are supported: universal selector *, type selectors .a, descendant selectors .a.b, child selectors .a .b, ID selectors #b, pseudo-classes and class selectors DIV.warning.
- WebStorm uses Xerces 2.6, an XML parser developed by Apache Software Foundation Group.