WebStorm menus and toolbars let you carry out various commands. The main menu and toolbar contain commands that affect the entire project or large portions of it. Additionally, context-sensitive pop-up menus let you perform the commands, which are specific to a part of a project, like source file, class, etc. Almost each of the commands has an associated keyboard shortcut to enable quicker access to it.
Click thumbnail to view larger image.
- 1. Main menu
- The main menu contains commands for opening, creating projects, refactoring the code, running and debugging applications, keeping files under version control and more.
- 2.Navigation bar
Navigation bar is a quick alternative to the Project tool window.
Note that the main toolbar is by default hidden. To show it, select the check commandon the main menu.
- 3. Context menus
- These menus, available with right-click, contain commands applicable to the current context.
- 4. Context menus
- These menus, available with Alt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertCtrl+N or Alt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertCommand N or Control EnterControl N or Control EnterCommand N or Control Enter, contain commands applicable to the current context.
- Show or hide the main elements of the WebStorm UI using the menu.
- Descriptions of the actions from all the menus and toolbar buttons are displayed in the left side of the Status bar.
- If you know which action you want to perform, but do not know where to find the appropriate command, just press Ctrl+Shift+ACtrl+Shift+ACtrl+Shift+ACtrl+Shift+ACtrl+Shift+ACtrl+Shift+ACtrl+ICtrl+Shift+AShift Command AShift Command ACommand 3 and select the desired action from the suggestion list.