- To access the Input pane, choose on the main menu or press Ctrl+Shift+XControl Shift X.
In the Input pane, type the call of the command in the format:
<tool alias> <command>
Besides tool-specific commands, you can also run simple, operating system-wide, commands, such as, ls, etc.
- View the result of command execution in the output tab named after the last invoked command.
- During the command execution, click the Stop toolbar button .
- Kill the current thread from the progress bar, if the output tab is already closed.
- Click the Export to Text toolbar button or press Alt+OCommand O.
In the Export Preview dialog box that opens, do one of the following:
- To have the output saved in a text file, specify the target text file in the Export to file text box and click the Save button. If the file with this name and location already exists, choose to overwrite its contents with the new data or to append the new data to the existing file.
- To copy the output to the clipboard, click the Copy button.
- Open the WebStorm settings and configure the required command line tool as an external tool on the External Tools page.
- Start checking in your changes.
- In the After Commit area, specify the tool to launch in the Run tool drop-down list. Choose one of the available tools or define a new one: click the Browse button and configure the required command line tool as an external tool in the External Tools dialog box that opens.