WebStorm supports integration with the JADE template engine.
On this page:
- Node.js support is enabled.
- The JADE plugin is enabled. The plugin is bundled with WebStorm and activated by default. If it is not, enable the plugin.
Changes to the UI
The JADE plugin introduces the following changes to the WebStorm UI:
- The Jade file item is added to the menu.
- Coding assistance is provided in the JADE-specific and HTML context:
- Create a project from scratch or around existing sources, and then create JADE files as necessary.
- Create a NodeExpress project.
In the runtime, the JADE files fill be transformed into HTML pages.
In the Project tool window, select the directory in which you want to create a new file.
Choose or press Alt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertCtrl+N or Alt+InsertAlt+InsertAlt+InsertCommand N or Control EnterControl N or Control EnterCommand N or Control Enter.
Alternatively, right-click the corresponding directory and choose New from the context menu.
- Choose Jade file.
- Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins
- Generating a Project from a Framework