- Mercurial is installed on your computer.
- The location of the Mercurial executable file is correctly specified on the Mercurial page of the Settings dialog box.
- Mercurial integration is enabled for the current project root or directory.
If you want to use a remote repository, create a Mercurial hosting account first. You can access the remote repository through a pair of ssh keys or apply the username/password and keyboard interactive authentication methods supported by the Mercurial integration.
- When the Mercurial integration with WebStorm is enabled, the item appears on the menu, and on the context menus of the Editor and Project views.
- The project artifacts are highlighted according to their status.
- Results of modifications show in the Changes tool window.
- When using the Mercurial integration, it is helpful to open the Version Control tool window.
Its Console tab displays the following data:
- All the commands generated based on the settings you specify through the WebStorm user interface.
- Information messages concerning the results of executing generated Mercurial commands.
- Error messages.