- A Perforce client is installed on your computer.
- You have an account with the Perforce depot.
- Create a client spec using your Perforce client.
- Get source files from the Perforce depot using your Perforce client.
- As soon as the local working copy is on your computer,
associate your local directory with Perforce.
After that you will be able to open source files for edit, and perform the usual Perforce-related tasks using WebStorm.
- When the Perforce integration with WebStorm is enabled, the item appears on the menu, and on the context menus of the Editor and Project views.
- The project artifacts are highlighted according to their status.
- Results of modifications show in the Changes tool window.
- When using the Perforce integration, it is helpful to open the Version Control tool window.
Its Console tab displays the following data:
- All the commands generated based on the settings you specify through the WebStorm user interface.
- Information messages concerning the results of executing generated Perforce commands.
- Error messages.