What's New in YouTrack 3.1
Intelligent Duplicates Management
Keep focus and all details in one place
Getting lost in hundreds of duplicates? Now when you close an issue as duplicate, all its votes and watchers are automatically transferred to the main issue. And if you decide to unlink the duplicate issue, all its votes and watchers are transferred back to the original issue.
View duplicates with comments and attachments
Now you can filter all duplicates that contain comments or attachments right from the main issue. You can also see the number of issues with comments or attachments. Simply navigate to the Linked Issues tab, then click 'with attachments' or 'with comments' as appropriate to navigate straight to the issues you need (instead of browsing the whole list of duplicates).
Change Custom Field Type
Need more than one Assignee or Build value? In YouTrack 3.1 you can change the existing custom field type from single value to multi values. This applies to Enumeration, Version, Build, User and Group custom field types.
Paint States & Attach Multiple Files at Once
In YouTrack 3.1 you can attach as many files as you want to an issue or comment in one step, as well as paint your issue statuses in different colors.
'Has' Search Keyword
YouTrack's search syntax now allows you to filter issues with a specific attribute, such as attachments, comments, links, or none of these. For example, enter: has: comments has: votes to find all issues that have comments and at least one vote.
View Changes History in Related Comment
Changes history is now merged with the related comment. You can see all the changes made at the same time right below the comment. If you normally comment the changes you make, now it's much easier to go through the comments along with the changes made. And that's not all - attachments can now be added or previewed from comments as well.
If you use mailbox integration, you've probably noticed that all messages with the same subject are collected in one thread and are added as comments to the issue created from the original email. Now these comments contain only the reply itself, without the original message text.
One more addition concerns the visibility of issues created from email. In YouTrack 3.1, a new issue is created from the reply if its author does not have access to the original issue.
We keep enriching our workflow language to give you more freedom and power, on one side, while on the other side, enhancing the workflow editor to keep your customization process easy and comfortable. In YouTrack 3.1 you can:
- Find a tag by name, star/unstar issue for a specific user, create a new tag for a user.
- Use code completion for Group and Version.
- Perform string operations, including length, indexOf, contains, trim, split, etc.
- Iterate users of group.
- Show pop-up messages.
- Check that collection contains an element.
We've added the following enhancements to make your administration process even easier:
- A custom workflow that allows you to specify the default user/group visibility for all new issues on project level.
- 'Send test email' option in now available while configuring e-mail notifications.
- Log in and restore your password using an email address.
YouTrack and TeamCity make a perfect combination! We keep improving our tools integration by adding the following goodies:
- Multiple build configurations support in integration mapping.
- Choose whether to receive notifications on changes pulled from TeamCity, such as adding Fixed in Build values or any command applied.
- Configurable polling interval.
We extended YouTrack REST API by adding the ability to get issues history.