YouTrack 5.2 introduces "work item" type, enables supporting multiple helpdesk customers in a single e-mail thread
We are proud to announce the release of YouTrack 5.2, a fresh spring update for our issue tracking & agile project management tool.
YouTrack 5.2 introduces a number of great features including:
- "Work item" type to let you specify the type of work done
- Enhanced help desk support: multiple To and CC recipients
- Custom date format: for the whole system or per user
- Epic as a default issue type
- Performance improvements
For more details please visit our What's New page.
Keep tracking with pleasure!
JetBrains YouTrack Team
RubyMine 6.3: Rails 4.1, Slim 2.0, AngularJS, and more
While RubyMine 6 focused on making sure you got the best of Ruby, we’re not forgetting about raising your productivity while developing web applications. This is why RubyMine 6.3, available for download as of today, brings support for Rails 4.1, better Slim and AngularJS, as well as multiple carets and selection, a long-awaited and top-voted editor feature.
RubyMine 6.3 introduces the following important changes:
- Spring and json.jbuilder views for better Rails 4 & 4.1 support
- Slim support enhancements with Slim 2.0, code formatting and embedded code types
- AngularJS framework support with smart code completion, refactoring, navigation, and quick documentation
- REST Client сookies support with adding, modifying and reviewing capabilities
- More filters such as :css, :sass, and :coffeescript supported for HAML
- RSpec 3-compatible formatter
- Bundled Vagrant plugin
To learn more, please visit our What’s New page. RubyMine 6.3 is a free update for everyone with license purchased/updated on or after April 3, 2013.
WebStorm 8: Web Intelligence at Your Service
Highlights in WebStorm 8.0 include:
- Advanced AngularJS support. WebStorm now provides smart AngularJS specific code completion, refactoring, navigation and quick access to documentation.
- Multiple cursors and selections will help you edit your code faster, especially if you are used to this feature in other editors.
Other important updates included in WebStorm 8.0 are:
- Support for CucumberJS test framework.
WebStorm 8.0 is a free update for everyone who purchased their license after March 26, 2013.
JetBrains WebStorm Team
ReSharper, dotCover and dotTrace Receive Updates
Today we are happy to announce a triple update for our .NET tools. ReSharper 8.2 is now available for download, along with compatible updates to dotCover for code coverage and dotTrace Performance for performance profiling.
ReSharper 8.2 highlights include:
- Expanded TypeScript support with smart completion, Create From Usage quick fixes and Import Module context action, navigation combos, naming settings, support for generics and compiler defined errors highlighting. For details on these features, please see an earlier post, More TypeScript support in ReSharper 8.2.
- About 140 bug fixes that address issues discovered in prior 8.0.x and 8.1 releases including Quick Documentation fixes and other enhancements.
dotCover 2.7 and dotTrace Performance 5.5.4 are both compatible with ReSharper 8.2. dotCover 2.7 additionally introduces standalone test runner which can be most useful for running manual tests outside Visual Studio, as well as for analyzing coverage snapshots.
IntelliJ IDEA 13.1 Released!
We are thrilled to announce that IntelliJ IDEA 13.1, an update for our flagship IDE, is now available for download, bringing you full Java 8 support among other notable improvements:
- Java 8: lambdas, method references, type annotations, etc.
- Sublime Text style multiple selection.
- Postfix code completion for Java.
- Chronon integration (back-in-time Java debugger).
- Built-in debugger for JDK 8’s Nashorn and OpenShift cloud.
- Better performance for Spring projects that heavily use XML.
- Improved support for AngularJS and Spy-js.
- Version control improvements: Amend commits for Mercurial, GitHub two-factor authentication, enhanced Log and Diff viewers, and more.
- Better structural search.
The JetBrains Team
TeamCity 8.1 adds simplified setup, VS 2013 support, improved REST API, and more
Whether you’ve crossed to the light side of continuous integration with TeamCity 8 or not, we already have a fresh update for you to make your work even easier. TeamCity 8.1 is available for download, introducing the following major changes:
- Simplified and sometimes ‘automagic’ server and project configuration.
- Support for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, Subversion 1.8, and Maven 3.1.
- Feature branches auto-merge for Git and Mercurial.
- Many additions to the REST API.
Note that since v8.0, each additional Build Agent License added to TeamCity Professional Server gives you 10 more build configurations. See TeamCity pricing for more details.
The JetBrains Team
YouTrack 5.1 introduces help desk support, @mentions, issue digest and more!
We are glad to announce the release of YouTrack 5.1 — a fresh winter update for our agile issue tracking & project management tool.
YouTrack 5.1 brings a number of great goodies, including:
- Help desk support: send notifications to unregistered users
- Archive projects
- Burndown chart now includes weekends and actual spent time
- Mention a user by @username
- Reply to a comment
- Right-to-left (RTL) support
- Custom notification templates per project
- Issue digest and duplicate cluster digest notification templates
You will also enjoy a set of enhancements, such as:
- Workflow code in-place preview
- Flexible auto-watch (star) configuration
- Drag attachments anywhere
- Sped-up issue history
Keep tracking with pleasure, JetBrains YouTrack team
PyCharm 3.1 is out, totally refined, optimized and supporting Python 3.4 and Django 1.6
We're happy to announce the immediate availability of PyCharm 3.1, a minor update for our intelligent Python IDE that's still full of new features. PyCharm 3.1 is available as a Professional Edition or the free and open-source Community Edition.
Download PyCharm 3.1 for your platform now!
We are sure you'll enjoy many improvements. We've done our best to bring the latest updates and improvements from the Python world and Web technologies to PyCharm while still maintaining the stability and robustness that you have come to expect.
For this new PyCharm 3.1 release we have improved and optimized different parts of PyCharm, including new features from the underlying IntelliJ Platform, which is constantly being enhanced. PyCharm now supports the latest Python 3.4 and Django 1.6, and offers refined Google App Engine support.
Other important changes and new features in this update include:
- Enhanced Vagrant support backed up with provider management and plugin management.
- Local terminal with lots of handy improvements.
- Performance improvements in different subsystems.
- New optimized language injections for formatted and concatenated SQL strings.
- General workflow optimizations, like binary modules skeletons generation moved to background, python interpreter autodetection and no code errors highlighting on interpreter absence. All this allows you to start coding with minimum delay.