Upsource Free Open Source License
- Available only to non-commercial open source projects.
- Provided only to core team developers.
- Valid for 1 year.
- Must apply again to renew.
Apply for a New Open Source License
For regular projects
- You have to be a project lead or core committer to apply
- Project must be at least 3 months old
- Project is in active development
- Projects that are sponsored by a commercial company or organization, or those with employees paid to work on the project are not eligible
- Projects cannot provide commercial services (such as consulting or training) around the product, or distribute paid versions of the software
- See full restrictions list before applying
For Apache projects
- You should have @apache.org email to apply
- Your order will be processed automatically after the application is submitted
Update Open Source License
Been using opensource license for a while? — Don't forget to update it:
Your Open Source license qualifies for any and all software upgrades while it's valid.
Upgrade to the latest software version for maximum benefits.
- Apply for renewal 2 weeks before the expiration date.
- Check if someone has already renewed / requested new licenses for your OS project.
- Provide your Customer ID / reference number for renewal.
- You have to be a project lead or a regular committer.
- Your OS project meets the Open Source definition.
- Your OS project may not offer paid sponsorship; receive funding from commercial companies or organizations (NGO, education, research, or governmental). You do not provide any paid support, consulting or training services for your OS project, and you do not distribute paid versions of your OS software. Contributors who are paid to work on the project are not eligible.
- Your OS project is in active development for a minimum of 3 months.
- Your OS project's community is active. This means that you have recent activity in your newsgroups or forums.
- Your OS project has a website including either a regularly updated News section or links to social network account(s) where project updates are posted.
- You release updated builds on a regular basis.
If your project does not meet our eligibility requirements or if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your project may qualify for possible discounts under other OSS, Startup or Academic programs.
Site license model
The software may be installed on any number of computers and concurrently used by as many open source project members as the number of licenses provided to the project.
A license is provided for a period of 1 year and allows for free upgrades to all new releases of the software within 1 year. License renewal is available on request.
Use of the software is restricted to the licensed user with no right to transfer the software to third parties.
For complete details, please check the Upsource License Agreement for Open Source Projects