The JetBrains Marketing Research Team is looking for a Data Scientist. We are engaged in a wide range of projects for our Product, Sales, and Marketing departments. For our research, we use various internal/external data sources and statistical analysis. Our goal is to supply our product, marketing, and sales teams with the necessary data to help them improve pricing and marketing strategies and make informed decisions about product changes.
As part of the team, our data scientists ensure that JetBrains makes sound financial decisions. You will be involved in exploring a range of different business models as the company grows.
- Develop advanced financial models for sales prediction and pricing.
- Evaluate the performance of our volume discounts and the special offers we have provided to customers and suggest improvements for maximizing revenues.
- Evaluate the price sensitivity of different customer groups and regions and provide suggestions for improving the pricing policies.
- Conduct research in order to answer questions about product prices, company revenue, and the effectiveness of sales and marketing activities.
- Work closely with other analysts and company leaders to understand and shape key priorities.
- Define and track meaningful metrics to support decision-making.
- Develop and produce regular insightful reports as needed.
- Report on the work done and make presentations of the results for research initiators.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the software, Internet, media or telecom industries.
- Experience in financial analysis, including forecasting and valuations in a technical business.
- Knowledge of mathematical statistics with practical experience in the application of statistical methods.
- Strong knowledge of R or Python.
- Good English proficiency (sufficient speaking and writing skills).
- Master’s degree in business, finance or a related technical field.
- Demonstrable knowledge of SQL.
- Proven experience in developing effective forecasting models for pricing and financial processes.
- Effective problem solving and advanced analytical and modeling skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to engage with colleagues across company departments to achieve the best collaborative outcomes.
- Spacious comfortable office (open 24/7) with a private parking lot.
- Competitive salary: determined individually, but above industry average.
- Bonuses based on your performance.
- Voluntary health insurance for employees, their spouse, and their children under age 18 (including dental insurance).
- 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Full salary during sick leave.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Hot meals, free drinks, fruits, and snacks.
- Office library with specialized work-related books and magazines.
- Office gym (with washrooms), massage room, and a recreational zone.
- Training, including English and German language classes.
- Opportunities to travel to professional conferences in Europe and the US.
- Job relocation help.