Developer Advocate for IntelliJ Platform
Open-sourced under Apache 2 license, IntelliJ Platform is the base for several well-known IDEs. It supports a large variety of languages and technologies via bundled plugins as well as thousands of third-party plugins. The recently added Marketplace allows 3rd-party vendors to monetize their extensions.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and open-minded person to join the existing IntelliJ SDK Advocacy team. You’ll help to strengthen and drive our efforts of promoting the platform to existing and new developers and partners.
- Create and maintain content targeted at plugin developers (tutorials, sample plugins, screencasts, …).
- Work closely with 3rd-party developers and partners.
- Work with product teams and provide feedback on user needs.
- Provide technical support via various channels.
- Participate in related activities (customer meetings, conferences, etc.).
- Give talks at conferences and events.
- Proven experience developing plugins on the IntelliJ Platform and its related tooling.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive with an appreciation for developer needs as well as business aspects.
- Self organisation and time-management skills.
- Experience in Developer Advocacy.
- Experience with working in an environment with highly distributed diverse teams.
We’re looking for people that do not like to be micromanaged, have the discipline to plan tasks and execute themselves and enjoy the freedom to work. If you meet these requirements, and more importantly believe in tooling and the work we do at JetBrains, then this might be the position for you!
- Possibility of remote.
- Help in relocating from another region.
- Fascinating work in a friendly team.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working schedule.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- An office library with specialized work-related books and magazines.
- Comfortable working environment, with ergonomic workplaces, fitness and leisure zones and a company-paid car park.
- Excellent opportunity for professional and personal development, opportunity to travel to professional conferences worldwide.
- Additional benefits including lunch vouchers, free refreshments and snacks in the office, and more.