Java Swing Developer ( Platform UI Team)
Founded in 2000, JetBrains is a world leader in making professional developer tools. Our goal is to make developers more productive through intelligent tools which help them escape the routine and allow their creativity to thrive. To achieve this goal, we are in need of talented, driven and creative thinkers.
IntelliJ IDEA is the most advanced development environment for Java and other programming languages. Launched in 2001 with new versions released every year, IntelliJ IDEA is used by hundreds of thousands of developers around the world, and we put our heart and soul into making it an enjoyable experience for them.
As part of our team, you will:
- Develop IntelliJ Platform, the foundation for such IDE as IntelliJ IDEA, RubyMine, PyCharm, PhpStorm, WebStorm, CLion, Android Studio;
- Create new UI components and improve the existing ones;
- Solve usability problems and enhance performance.
- At least 3 years of Java programming experience in commercial projects;
- Good knowledge of J2SE and Swing;
- Deep understanding of OOP;
- Multithreaded programming experience;
- Ability to optimize and refactor other people's code as well as your own;
- Ability to write unit tests;
- Responsibility, independence, discipline
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Experience in developing plugins for IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse or Netbeans;
- Knowledge of C/С++, Win API, Objective C;
- Familiarity with profilers;
- Knowledge of other programming languages and paradigms (Groovy, Haskell, Objective C, Python, Scala, Ruby, etc.);
- Familiarity with compiler development and code analysis technologies.
- Fascinating work in a friendly team.
- Developing products for software developers much like ourselves.
- High salary: determined individually, but definitely above industry average.
- Annual bonus.
- Employment package: voluntary health insurance for employees, their wives/husbands and their children under age 18 (including dental insurance), 5 weeks of paid vacation.
- Full salary during sick leave.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Spacious comfortable office (open 24/7) with a private parking lot.
- Ergonomic work spaces and cozy lounge zones.
- Hot meals prepared on site, free drinks, fruits and snacks.
- Office library with specialized work-related books and magazines.
- Office gym (with washrooms), massage room, and a recreational zone.
- Training, including English and German classes.
- Opportunity to travel to professional conferences in Europe and the US.
- Help in relocating from another region.